Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Potty Time with Brooke

I don't have to tell parents with small children about the joys of potty training.  A conversation with Thing 3 while she's sitting on the toilet:



August 9, 2010

"Good job, Brookie," I said. "You're going poop!"

"Yay, I did it! I done," Brooke replied.

"Now, you need to go pee-pee. Everyone goes pee-pee after they poop."

"No, I don't have to. Pee-pee isn't here."

So I cupped my hand around my ear and said, "Let's see if we hear pee-pee. Hmm, I don't hear pee-pee yet. Try again."

She gave me this irritated, exasperated look and said, "Ma, I TOLD YOU, pee-pee not here. Pee-pee is working. She's working on the computer. Pee-pee doesn't work with poo. I DONE!"

So, wiping commenced and she asked if she could flush the toilet. I told her to proceed.

And then she started wailing, "MO-ooom, I want poo-poo back. He's my friend."

No comments:

Post a Comment