Thursday, December 23, 2010

Wass

"My teacher told me about a swear word that's another word for a donkey," Savvy said.

"Oh really?  What was the word she told you?"

"She said it's a 'wass'.  Is that a swear word?"

"Not really," I answered.  "The real swear word is a word for a donkey, but it's spelled A-S-S.  And I better not ever hear you say it."

So Riley says, "Ass, huh?  Why is that a swear word?  Oh, wait.  Donkey ... oh ... no, wait.  I don't get it."

I sigh, hating this conversation and the need for it, but continue.  "People use that word to mean 'butt', but just in a not nice way."

"Oh, I get it now," Riley said.  "Donkey, butt ... wait, no, I don't understand."


"You know," Savvy explained.  "A butt stinks just like a donkey, so that's why."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment