Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fistful of Sunshine

For weeks we've been joking around with the kids, telling them we're gonna give 'em a fistful of sunshine.  You know, instead of a knuckle sandwich.  It's at this point that I MUST emphasize we do not punch our kids in the face.  Ever.  It's just a household joke.  Now that that's clear, I'll continue.  


So they'll be whining or what-have-you, and Jesse or I will say, "Watch out, or you'll get a fistful of sunshine in yo' face."  To which they normally laugh and forget whatever they're whining about.


At supper the other day, this was a conversation with our 3-yr old, Brooke ...





"Mom, you the best.  Dad, you're not the best."


To which I reply, "Dad certainly is the best daddy in the whole world."


She said, "No, he's not.  He punches me in the face all the time with sunshine."


Jesse chuckles and said, "I do NOT punch you in the face."


So elbow on the table and chin resting in her hand, Brooke rolled her eyes and said, "Whatever."






We laughed so hard.  So, if you're wondering why there haven't been a lot of posts lately, it's because most of them revolve around someone getting a fistful of sunshine.  Which, I must repeat, is a figurative way of getting the kids to stop whining, and in no way do we ever hit our kids in the face.

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer! I can't believe you punch your kids in the face!!

    Ha, ha, get used to that eye roll and "whatever." She's getting to that age. We get it a lot. And then my girls' friends, the preacher's 4 homeschooled daughters, visit, and they roll their eyes and say "whatever" too. It's just a house full of pre-teen hormones!! :)

    ReplyDelete